Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Entry Point Not Found  (Read 5019 times)

Lefty313

Entry Point Not Found
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:55:48 PM »
One day I turned on my laptop that currenty has Windows XP Professional and received a message that said "The procedure entry point CoTaskMemAlloc could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32.dll". I hit "ok" and the background pops up, but it's completely blank. No icons, no start menu and the message appears once again. Can anyone help me or is it best to take it somewhere?  :'(

Thanks in advance  

Raptor

Re: Entry Point Not Found
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 05:30:15 AM »
1. Before Windows XP loads, press F8
2. Select last known good configuration and press Enter.

Lefty313

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 08:40:06 AM »
I tried that and I still got the same results, but thanks.

Gizmo73

Intermediate

• We do only what we are meant to do
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 09:32:33 AM »
    Reboot your system, hit F8 and boot into Safe Mode. From there run System Restore.

[glb]Gizmo73[/glb]

winzter

Entry Point Not Found
    « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 01:02:40 AM »
    good day doc... iwant to ask something.my computer has the same error with <<lefty, after i turn on my computer Windows XP Professional i reecieved a message that said (entry point IsCharA, phaNumericw could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32.dll) I hit "ok" and the background pops up, but it's completely blank, i tried all that you said to <<lefty, but it does't work, even i try to run in safemode the safemode background appear but it's blank also, no taskbar or any icons in the destop. can you help me or i need to look around to find farther solution....?

thanx in advance!!!!!

&gt;&lt;rechard&gt;&lt;

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 01:28:14 AM »
    good day...one day i was doing my homework on my computer but after 20 minutes my computer restart. when the windosw xp loaded, i got the same error like lefty and winzter. the destop is blank no taskbar and icons. and itried also those tips that you given to lefty but after  i run last known good configuration, theres a lot of error appear on my computer one of this memory dump. adn computer said that if i continue run the computer it makes a lot of trouble. can you help me?
    thanks a lot in advance...........

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 11:31:33 AM »
    See if this is of any use.