Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: missing operating system  (Read 2367 times)

Beta

Topic Starter

Rookie

missing operating system
    « on: July 05, 2010, 07:12:05 AM »
    I have a laptop Acer, Aspire 4720Z series
    A copy of Win7 was installed recently, but due to  the operating system was not original, I got a message of Win 7 needs to be activated with 2 options activate or windows set up. I use to cancel it and every thing was working fine except the back ground of the desk top is Black. Yesterday my wife selected the wrong option and now every time I open the laptop, I am getting the message of "Missing operating System"
    I have tried to install Win Vista original copy, the set up was processing for some time then I got this message:
    Set up did not find any Hard disk drivers installed in you computer. Make sure any Hard disk drivers are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk - related Hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacture. Supplied diagnostic or set up program. Set up can not continue. To quit set up press F5
    Any help will be appreciated

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: missing operating system
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:36:05 PM »
    If you installed an "illegally" obtained OS your best bet is to format and start from scratch, this time installing a legitimatly obtained OS

DivineRage002

Rookie

Re: missing operating system
      « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »
      If you installed an "illegally" obtained OS your best bet is to format and start from scratch, this time installing a legitimatly obtained OS

Seriously, if there is ONE thing you should NEVER get illegally, it's the OS. Remember, that thing pretty much rules over your system.

Now to fix it, boot on the Vista CD (legitimate), and format. Make sure to completely remove and re-create the partition, to make sure that everything from the old version is deleted. Then just re-install as usual. Ask back if you need guidance.