Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TOSHIBA HDD recovery disk lost!  (Read 3939 times)

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    TOSHIBA HDD recovery disk lost!
    « on: July 06, 2010, 05:53:46 AM »
    Hi. I have just restored my computer after saying that it was missing bootmgr.

I restored it by going onto a website to download the recovery disk using imgburn and utorrent.

Now that it has been restored i went to the start menu and clicked on the toshiba HDD recovery disk creator but my computer is saying:

"there is no valid HDD Recovery environment on this computer".  >:(

Does anyone know how i can recover the HDD recovery disk creator?

Matt
    I really really really really really really really love computers. Especially the ones that are fast lol. ;D ;D ;D

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: TOSHIBA HDD recovery disk lost!
    « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:01:56 AM »
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just install and run (on a regular basis) a disc imaging utility - it is the best recovery option available and everyone should use one. Acronis True Image is the best but it isn't free. These are: http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/backupandimage.shtml

PC Maniac

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:38:02 AM »
      I went to the website you gave me and it looks good to me ;D. I have also downloaded one of the programs off of that website called DriveImage XML and installed it. i am guessing that is my computer ready to be backed up now yes?

Thanks for the website. ;) :D (|

Matt

i forgot to say that i downloaded the recovery disc.torrent file off of my dad's computer and i have already burned it to a DVD-RW disk using imgburn and utorrent on it aswell. This is the website i downloaded the file from:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/
      I really really really really really really really love computers. Especially the ones that are fast lol. ;D ;D ;D

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:50:54 AM »
      That DLoad will not enable a full re0install of the OS should things go awry...it will however load the Recovery Console which has some diagnostics/repair features...

Why not order a full replacement CD from Toshiba ? ?
      It can probably be had for the cost of shipping only...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "