Software > Internet browsers

Internet Explorer crashes on certain sites

<< < (3/3)

dl65:
VoidAngel.....Something else you can try is to place the cursor onthe red X ...right click and select "show picture"
This pc does that on occassion.......

good luck

dl65  ???

VoidAngel:
Yeah, I've tried forcing the pictures, but it still doesn't do it.  I turned on everything associated with VM or Sun Java, and I still have placeholders.  I don't really care, though.  I can live with that.  What I can't stand is having my Internet Explorer shut down every time O go to some of my favorite sites, as it continues to do.  I've scanned for spyware, viruses, and evil spirits, and it's all come up clean.  

However Limewire started acting up today.  It goes through the motions of starting up, but before I see even its opening graphic on my screen, my computer locks completely.  I can't even Ctrl Alt Del to shut her down.  I don't know if this is related, but I uninstalled the program and my troubles yet persist.

merlin:
to get rid of ie this should do it>http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator.html   try another browser....firefox..cant remember if win98se has this option but hear goes...search for the c:\windows\options\cabs folder and next to the scanreg icon is one called setup load your cd-install disk and then click the icon..this will re-install win98se if the option exsists...and win9x does not like ie6...5.5 works just great..or the answer to your problem lies here>http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=830730   choices to use if you wish to do so...

VoidAngel:
Whopee!  I can browse the internet again!!!  Now I can't play Everquest.  Or Morrowind.  Or Gunbound...  Says something about a .dll file, and hardware accelleration checks with Dxdiag crash to the desktop.  Anyhow, thanks for the help, and see you in the hardware forum.   8)

Dick Ackerman:
I have been having the same problems as the first post. Exact same messages, info, etc. Tried all kinds of things per some other 'puter help' sites & nothing. I can't access the macromedia site that merlin recommends---I keep getting the "encountered a problem" message. Won't have access to another puter for at least a week. (Live fulltime in a motorhome & traveling)
Thanks for any help.
*censored*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version