Software > Internet browsers

Internet Explorer crashes on certain sites

<< < (2/3) > >>

Raptor:
I believe you have to go to your configuration screen and find a tab called 'Windows components' (I run XP and a localized version, so it might be called and placed different)

Where you can tag Outlook, Fax services, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and other Integrated Windows components.

ccc:
as part of the law suit against microsoft, they have to allow uninstalling IE. You can find this in versions 5.5 and above. In 98, you should find "microsoft internet explorer" in add/remove programs(should be in alphabetical order). On xp, its under add/remove windows components.

VoidAngel:
OK, I found IE on my add/remove programs list.  It must have been there all along, but I never saw it, even when I was looking for it specifically.  I guess I edited it out of my observations because I expected it to be under I instead of M or something.

In any case, I'm still lacking the proverbial paddle.  Windows won't let me uninstall Internet Explorer, just add components, or 'repair' it.  Which I tried, but it didn't solve my problem.  I just have those little red-x image placeholders on sites where I never noticed them  before.  And by before I mean "immediately before I let frigging Windows 'fix' Internet Explorer."

dl65:
VoidAngel.....I think the little rectangles with the red X in it refers to the lack of java being enabled .......If you go int othe internet options and click the advanced tab scroll down until you see either Microsoft VM or Sun Java
make sure its enabled .......that may just fix things up .

let us know

dl65  ???

VoidAngel:
I have both.  Sun Java is on, but the VM option isn't.  I'll go turn that on.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version