Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Center  (Read 2402 times)

gettie

Topic Starter

Windows Media Center
    « on: July 17, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »
     I was wondering if someone could help me understand why, all of a sudden, that I cannot view pictures from a jpg weblink without saving the image to my computer? This is also happening when I try to view pictures sent to me via e-mail. I am using Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and the Media Center came with the program.

I have tried to find answers all over the web, but not with much luck. The one thing that is consistent is something about the registry and I have no idea how to deal with that. Even if I understood it, I would not know how to go into the registry and repair the problem. Windows Media Center is my default for viewing pictures and listening to music and everything. What has changed and what can I do about it?

Please understand that my knowledge is very limited. I do know that I should not have to save every picture to my computer just to view it.

I know the basics but that is about it. Please help.

Gett

Mulreay

Re: Windows Media Center
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
    Viewing a picture from the web has nothing to do with media centre. It's how your internet browser works an the pictures settings on the web page. If you click on a jpg file on the web it will generally try and save it to your computer for viewing unless there is a built in command to make the file behave in a different way.
    This is completely normal. Do as I do and choose a destination that is easy to remember like 'pictures' or 'desktop' and view the image then discard as needed.

I may be wrong but not entirely sure what it is you are doing.

P's welcome to computer hope

gettie

Topic Starter

Re: Windows Media Center
      « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »
      Hello, :)

Update: You were right. Because of you I started searching default programs and found out under photo viewer, the jpg extension was not checked. Why, I have no idea. That was it. Thank goodness it was nothing more technical than that. Thanks again!

Gett

Thank you for your help! ;D

I appreciate it; however, that did not answer my question...exactly. I will try to give more info.

I attend Ashford University and sometimes we have to view links for videos or images to complete assignments. When I click on the link my computer goes through it's paces of making sure the images or videos are free of viruses etc. and then asks me to allow the images/videos. I tell it to allow them; however, when Media Center comes up, the image is not there and the same thing happens when I click on links to view pictures or documents in my e-mail. Why? Do I need to change settings or something and if so, how do I do that?

I think you are right; but, I just do not know where to go to change this because I would rather not save every image I want to view.

I do have to save it first and send it to pictures to view it, as you stated, but I should not have to do that right?
      « Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:48:03 PM by gettie »