Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse and keyboard not working  (Read 2930 times)

eclipsing

Topic Starter

Mouse and keyboard not working
    « on: August 03, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
    I have Windows 7 64-bit.
    I was trying to restore my iTouch and neither iTunes or my computer would recognize the device. So I decided to restart the computer. Clicked restart in the start menu but when the computer restarted my USB drives were not working at all. Keyboard, mouse, flash drives don't work. Also, the ethernet cable slot was no longer working. I shut down by holding down the power button, tried safe mode because I can use the keyboard before I've completed startup. Also, the computer auto logs in to the main account, so I can get past the user screen. Safe mode didn't work. I tried other stuff but don't really remember.
    I had Input Director installed but the ethernet cable slot that it works through doesn't work so I still can't access the messed up computer..
    Any ideas?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Mouse and keyboard not working
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »
    Upon checking of what type of software you installed, Input Director, controls keyboard, mouse and able to set a master/slave system. Wherein a Master system is able to manipulate, monitor added PC set as slave by entering IP address/es. Which could suspectly be for sudden ethernet card/cable(?) problem. I would try first checking Hardware on Device Manager to see if there are no conflicts or certain marks on USB Controllers. Check on Input Director configuration(Master, Slave) or "disabling". Look onto IP address for ethernet card issue. IF nothing else falls, "uninstalling" the software is the other best thing to identify whether its a hardware(ethernet cable/card) issue and "installing" it after you have done restoring your desired installation.

eclipsing

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
      Input director isn't the problem, I've had it for ages. I was just mentioning it as a way I tried to fix it.
      I can't open device manager without my mouse and keyboard.. I don't think at least.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:43 PM »
      Input director isn't the problem, I've had it for ages. I was just mentioning it as a way I tried to fix it.
      I can't open device manager without my mouse and keyboard.. I don't think at least.
      Does this mean that not able to use mouse and keyboard has nothing to do with the certain software?  ???I wonder...  :-\Certain things need to be isolated as in your case using a certain software capabilties pertaining to your problem. My first POST runs on certain options, thats is why you need to go to certain scenarios if everything is not working.  :-X