Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Load  (Read 3939 times)

Puddings

Topic Starter

Rookie

Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Load
    « on: August 04, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »
    Was gonna help a buddy fix his laptop, but I'm all out of ideas.
    It's a Dell Inspiron 1545. When it starts up, it shows the Dell Splash page with Boot Options and Setup.
    Afterwards, it loads up the Windows Error Recovery page, with the Launch Startup Repair and Launch Windows Normally options.
    When I try to Launch Windows Normally, it brings up the Windows loading screen with the progress bar, than eventually cuts out to a black screen.
    When I try to launch the repair, it cuts out to a black screen right after.
    I tried hitting F8 during startup, to get to the advanced boot options. Repair your computer cuts me out to a black screen after the windows loading page. When I try to start it in safe mode, after crcdisk.sys loads it freezes for like 30 seconds than restarts. (Idk if it's supposed to restart, but everything was still messed up after it restarted)
    Last known good config freezes after windows loads like most of the other stuff..
    I tried loading the Vista disk that came with the computer. Went into Boot Options and loaded the CD. The CD loading fine at first, but it ended in a command prompt, that I either didn't know what to do with or was useless. But. That's not what I'm used to reinstalling windows looking like. ><.
    At this point I'm just trying to erase everything and go back to factory settings, which I was gonna do with reinstalling Windows but I can't seem to get that to work.
    While trying all these options, the keys are extremely unresponsive (Or the laptop just keeps freezing). Pretty sure the battery is fully charged, so I don't think its that. I tried a memory diagnostic check and no problems were found.
    Any insight or help is greatly appreciated.
    (Sorry for the wall of text if most of that was useless >_<)