Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have a very different problem with Security Suite virus removal, need help  (Read 3352 times)

mrbill862

Topic Starter

Hi,

I have Vista and I got the virus when I went to the MLB.com website, at least that's whenmy computer when carzy. I got the blue screen of death 2 times , once almost immediately and then a second time whe I restarted the computer, not knowing what I had yet. I got the basci security suite main screen telling me I had tons of virues, which i figured out fairly quickly it was a scam virus. I went to Bleeping computer and several other forums and site in safe mode and on my laptop, to get some answers.

Everyone says that you need to go into the Internet options and turn on the proxy settings, but with me it's the opposite. My proxy settings were checked and when checked I cannot access the Internet. when I uncheck them I can get online no problem.

Also, in Safe mode, I am still getting redirected to other sites (which I somehow got a couple of weeks ago and can't seem to get rid of), but also when I first signed on in safe mode I opened up the help for IE8. Now whenever I do anything in safe mode, like open IE, or even trying to open RKill.com, the window for that exact hlep pops up, every time. I cannot run rkill as it closes and reports after 1 second. On the bleeping computer site they say to keep clicking until  it cathes, but I have clicked it over 200 times and nothing will stay open to run. I have run malware in safde  mode, and hijack this, trojen removal, AVG, and done everything I can from every forum I can find.

My problenm doesn't seem to match up with everyone elses. I would appreciate any help I can get here.

I have a working knowledge of computers, so I can do whatever I am told to do, I just don't know what to delete unless I am told to now.

Thanks for any help
    Bill

mrbill862

Topic Starter

Scratch this question......I actually had read a forum wrong and I didn't have a different problem, especially with the proxy button in the LAN settings under connection in internet options. Not a big deal, but wanted to clear that up.

I actually got rid of the Security suite virus by following the soft sailor directions and doing a few other things I saw on this forum, deleting some things from the registry like Tkbell and the proxy with 127.0.0.1=xxxx it was not the exact number most forums list in the xxxx area, but I knew it was bad. I googled every odd looking registry entry from hijack this and found good quality answers for each entry. Deleting the bad ones worked for me.

This was much easier than I expected when combining information from this site and bleeping computer and soft sailor. All these guy and gals are great for what they post to help, I thank them all

I managed to do this a strange way but it worked and my system is holding nicely now. I think I cleaned everything on my computer, but in the end it was worth it, good luck to all

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Dribbling Pensioner
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Familiar
      ok and good luck , but be careful what you delete