Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook 2007  (Read 3452 times)

zhetto2004

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Microsoft Outlook 2007
    « on: September 12, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »
    I have windows 7 and Microsoft outlook 2007. I have set up the email accounts correctly as I get all my emails and sending emails is no problem as well. Occassionaly I get the "Enter Network Password" box and when I click ok no emails are sent. If I then click send and receive the emails are then downloaded and sent respectively. I am connected to the internet via a wireless card in my laptop. I have not changed any details such as service provider or changed router. It was working for a few months fine but only just the last month has started this. any advice would be greatly received.

Can any one help with why this is happening and how I can stop it.

If you need more information please let me know what you need.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Microsoft Outlook 2007
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »
    As a test, could you connect via cable instead of wireless and try that for awhile and see whether you still get the "Enter Network Password"  box?

zhetto2004

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:32:43 AM »
      Thanks for the suggestion but it is not really possible as I live with my elderly grandmother and would have to have a cable running through the the traffic area where she could trip over.

It has not happened at all since last night as well but still who knows when.

It is a webmail that I am downloading from (Yahoo) could it be a problem on there end that is causing the problem?

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
      Do you have the basic free Yahoo! Mail email account or the paid premium Yahoo! Plus account?  The free version does not work with POP email clients.  Do you access the Yahoo! Mail account via web browser?

zhetto2004

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:34 PM »
        I only have the free yahoo email but it has worked in the past and I have still not received that enter the network thing for now 3 days.

Maybe it was jsut the yahoo server. Who knows?

Thanks for the help from everybody. I will let everyone know when it starts popping up again.

Today is the 17 sept 2010

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:49 PM »

It is a webmail that I am downloading from (Yahoo) could it be a problem on there end that is causing the problem?
        I believe you're not being clear on the facts here.  Again, the free Yahoo email account does not work with POP email clients such as Outlook.  So, if you're saying you use Outlook for Yahoo mail, please explain how you enabled that email account to work with Outlook. 

What I believe is actually happening is that you are not using Outlook for Yahoo mail; you're accessing Yahoo mail via web browser, which is the normal method of accessing it since it's a webmail service, not a POP mail service.  Do you know what POP mail is?

If you are, indeed, using Outlook 2007 for email, exactly what email service are you using Outlook for?

zhetto2004

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »
          I believe you're not being clear on the facts here.  Again, the free Yahoo email account does not work with POP email clients such as Outlook.  So, if you're saying you use Outlook for Yahoo mail, please explain how you enabled that email account to work with Outlook. 

What I believe is actually happening is that you are not using Outlook for Yahoo mail; you're accessing Yahoo mail via web browser, which is the normal method of accessing it since it's a webmail service, not a POP mail service.  Do you know what POP mail is?

If you are, indeed, using Outlook 2007 for email, exactly what email service are you using Outlook for?

I have got the free yahoo email account and I have been using it through outlook 2007 using a POP3 account type. I just set it up as per the yahoo email specifications from their website. They have in the mail options the details of the incoming and out going mail server address. (pop.mail.yahoo.com.au for the incoming and sdmtp.mail.yahoo.com.au for the outgoing.) I hope this makes things a little clearer.

I have no idea what POP mail is by the way.

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »

I have got the free yahoo email account and I have been using it through outlook 2007 using a POP3 account type. I just set it up as per the yahoo email specifications from their website. They have in the mail options the details of the incoming and out going mail server address. (pop.mail.yahoo.com.au for the incoming and sdmtp.mail.yahoo.com.au for the outgoing.) I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Again, the free Yahoo account is not designed to work with a POP email client such as Outlook. So, if you are, indeed, using Outlook with a free Yahoo email account, you must be using a third-party tool called YPOPS to makes Outlook work with you Yahoo mail account. Are you using YPOPS? 

Are you in Australia?  Does Yahoo offer Australians something the rest of the world does not get?

zhetto2004

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »
            I am not sure about the ypop thing at all so, I can not answer that question. I can only tell you what I have done and that is as mentioned in previous posts. Sorry but I can be any more help.