Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wifi randomly drops and will not reconnect  (Read 2626 times)

Crusader1973

Wifi randomly drops and will not reconnect
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
Wifi will work fine, and then for no apparent reason drop the connection.  Even though I can see the Wifi network, it will not reconnect when I try.  The only solution is to reboot, which so far always works.  Problem is that it will then drop Wifi connection again, usually in less than 30 minutes.  Will happen over and over again over a couple hour period. 

Use a hard connection daily at work, so problem happens when I travel or try to use laptop from home.

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wifi randomly drops and will not reconnect
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
    How far are you from the wireless access point?

Is this an onboard wireless adapter (i.e.: inside of a laptop via mini-PCI card and an antenna array around the lid) or is it an expansion card (i.e.: PCMCIA card, express card, PCI card, PCI-Express card)?

Did you go to the PC manufacturer's site (or the card manufacturer's site) and download updated drivers?  If not, try that.
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.