Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: is there someother ways!  (Read 8155 times)

Jtr

is there someother ways!
« on: June 21, 2004, 06:56:04 AM »
Hi! every1, i wondering if somebody can help. i would like to install Sound Card driver, but i dont know the name or the model, or any information regarding this sound card. i understand that i would have to open computer and see name of the sound card and everything else; this is can be done.. but i just want some other ways, which does not envolve open up comp.

Joleen

Re: is there someother ways!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:59:55 AM »
Use the Windows auto-detect feature (plug-n-pray).

MalikTous

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 11:35:38 AM »
www.belarc.com

Download and install the free Advisor program.

jtr

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 12:56:50 PM »
Hi! thanks for reply, but none of the methods work . Plug and play can only detect what hard needs to be installed.... or what hardware are installed. In this case, i dont know which driver to install, it is hard untill i know the name of manufacture, model etc. On the other  hand Belarc Advisor  is very good program, thanks for that!!.... however it didnt work as it didnt ditect if there is any multimedia device, of course there is though.
<<< if there is a new way, you could always share you knowldge and it can come in hand in the future... so please if there is dont hasitate to share>>>>>

PS. NOW I WILL HAVE OPEN UP PC, THAT IS THE ONLY SOLLUTION! THANKS ALL.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 01:31:20 PM »
Be sure to degmagnetize your hands before touching any computer components.

chade

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 09:30:36 PM »
WHilst not nearly every computer part has a name/model number on it, nearly every piece of computer equipment has an FCC number (US Federal Communications Commission) which consists of a 3+14 digit string in the format XYZ-1234567890abcd.  The first three numbers are a company code, the last three are a product ID code.  Find this number on your card (vast majority have it somewhere - could be bottom or top, usually printer on the PCB (printed circuit board)).

Then visit an FCC ID search page such as:
http://www.driverzone.com/fcc_id_search.htm

or the FCC's own page at:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

to find out what it is!

Good luck!

(Of course you may be lucky enough to have a name and model number printed on the circuit board.  In which case, no luck required)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 09:31:51 PM by chade »