Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Free agent Goflex 1TB seagate external hdd  (Read 2716 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Free agent Goflex 1TB seagate external hdd
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:31:47 PM »
ok so i hooked this thing upd to my macbook ran the installation now my question is is there anything I still need to do before i can start using this hdd? I still have the software that came on it do I just create a new folder and go use it? Another thing when installing it asked weather i wanted Mac, or mac and pc compatible. I choose mac and pc but apparently that option doesn't allow time machine to work how to i get time machine to work on this. And one last this when i click eject on my mac the drive shuts off, but as soon i i pull the usb cord out it turns back on should i pull the power cord after i eject?

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Free agent Goflex 1TB seagate external hdd
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:09:41 AM »
    I'm thinking that it has to be formatted as Mac-compatible only, as I don't think Time Machine works on a FAT32 partition (and I don't think Macs read NTFS, unless that's changed in the past few years). 
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.