Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver for Usb device - Nokia phone  (Read 3023 times)

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Driver for Usb device - Nokia phone
    « on: October 19, 2010, 10:22:30 PM »
    I recently bought a new (used) mobile, I use my mobile to take photos and am trying to get photos taken, onto pc.

I have found that my old usb cord for old phone can plug into new phone, although the comp says it doesnt recognise the device, that there is not a driver to support it.

The cord used to work with no probs with old phone, but that was on another pc??

I tried to look for driver? currently i am scanning comp with driver detective?  My phone is a nokia 7230.
    And comp is a DELL Optiplex GX620

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Driver for Usb device - Nokia phone
    « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »
    I'm guessing you're not in the US, as the US site doesn't list that model, but the European site does. Follow the link and download the Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite/compatibility-and-download

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
      Thanx for the quick reply

I am in australia, does that matter?

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »
      Interesting, the European site directed me to download Ovi, but the Australian site suggests either Ovi or the PC Suite.

http://www.nokia.com.au/support/download-software/nokia-pc-suites/compatibility-and-download

You'll have to decide which one has the features you need and want. I believe the PC Suite does the basic connectivity stuff and the Ovi Suite doesn't a lot of extra stuff. I'm not familiar with either, so I can't say for sure.

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »
        Im downloading ovi suite, reckons its going to take about 5 hours, prob my internet, coz its a little stormy here today.

No uploading for me today :( thanx il let you know how it goes