Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Devices not working!  (Read 2810 times)

Mystic220

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Devices not working!
    « on: October 23, 2010, 09:33:22 AM »
    I bought a used HTC Shift which has windows 7.  Everything was working fine until Oct 12. Now, the touch screen is not working, the mousepad does not respond, the keyboard is very slow when it works at all--maybe 2 second delay for each key--and the computer does not recognize the wireless adapter.  Funny--the fingerprint sensor is still working fine.  I can get on-line with a wired ethernet plug, and I have been able to attach a plug and play mouse (much better than using slow key strokes!)  But without touch screen, the windows mobile side is useless.  I have been searching on-line on my desktop (also windows7) for any help and finally found this site.  Anybody have any ideas?

Some things I have tried--restore system (successful but no change), reinstall original drivers (no change), reattach FPC to motherboard, (no change) reset to factory settings from communication manager (no change). 

Some info I have gathered--Looking back at the event viewer for system logs on that date, there is a "Critical" notice involving the Kernel-Power which states, "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first..."  6 seconds later there is an "error" notice involving the Kernel-General that states, [Registry Hive Recovered] Registry hive (file):'\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE' was corrupted and it has been recovered.  Some data might have been lost."  Under the security logs there is an audit failure approximately 2 1/2 minutes later on the same date that states, "Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid.  The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.  File name: \device\HarddiskVolume2\ProgramFiles\Cyberlink\PowerrDVD10\NavFilter\000.fcl." 

Oh, and device manager shows all devices are working properly.  Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Devices not working!
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html