Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recording sound from youtube videos  (Read 3250 times)

artist66

Recording sound from youtube videos
« on: November 06, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »
I have checked out the info you listed on how to record sound from YouTube, and was very interested by this, as it is something I wanted to do.
However, where it says about in the drop-down box change the default Wave to What U Hear, where is that at, and how do I change it to What U Hear??
I would appreciate any help you can give me on this subject, or would I be better off getting a Digital Dictaphone to record the sound?

Artist66

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
    • Programming Blog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Recording sound from youtube videos
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
It seems that you're way over complicating this situation. Can't you just use this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11047/
YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

doowluf

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:24:09 AM »
    2 03 2012.    I have the same question as artist66 on 6/11/ 2010  but I did not understand reply from Linux711 on 11/11/2010
                        I think it made the problem more obscure
    doowluf

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 07:28:41 AM »
      Unless there is some aspect of this issue that i am missing there are a number of programs that can do this. Without going into them all. One i have used successfully (if as stated all that is desired is the audio component of the u-tube presentation) is audacity. When selecting the audio to be recorded to the HDD select "source" and whatever the audio is being played via the computer will be recorded to the HDD. It can then be saved and be available for transcription to whatever the selected medium thereafter. It also offers manipulation of the sound track within user selected parameters if so desired. I was introduced to this software (free by the way) by another member (BC Programmer) quite some time ago and have used it then and since without any problems. truenorth