Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Event viewer errors and warnings  (Read 2733 times)

darcomputer

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Event viewer errors and warnings
    « on: November 10, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »
    EVENT VIEWER APPLICATIONS:  2,601  From 10/23/2010 the only error I've gotten is: Source- Application Hang  Category-(101)  Event-1002 AND one Warning: Source-userenv Category-none  Events-1517,1524
    EVENT VIEWER SYSTEM:  2,326  From 10/24/2010 the only error is:  Source-F-Secure Gatekeeper [Which is has to do with my IP's Security Program] Category-none Event 1 AND two Warnings-Source-User32 Category-none Event-1073 and Source-Tcpip Category-none Event 1
    My desktop computer is an XP pro sp 3 The reason I've given the dates are that I've been working on this computer and I think these are the only problems at this time tyvm

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Event viewer errors and warnings
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »
    Event logs are there to assist if problems are encountered, otherwise they can, and should, be ignored.  The events you post are probably just informational, obviously they did not bring your system to a screeching halt so no major problem occurred.

Here is the MS description of event 1073

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

darcomputer

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: Event viewer errors and warnings
      « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:05:47 AM »
      I have done some work on this computer.  I've had to force shut down but not lately.  I will post here if it happens again.  tyvm  I'm thinking it will.   :(