Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD: Playing music & Saving data on  (Read 2522 times)

mpp

CD: Playing music & Saving data on
« on: August 05, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »
 :) Hi! I inherited a computer from my Dad after he passed away and gave my old one to Goodwill. It's been updated and I have no problems with software, etc. thanks to some guru friends. My Dad always did things first class and so it has a D and E drive. One is Read/Write I think and the other is Read only, although I really do not know which one I should use for music CDs. When I put a music CD in either drive it says: "A required .DLL file, MMVCP70.DLL was not found." When I try to save data to a CD (D or E drive) it says: "The selected drive disk is not in use. Check to make sure the disk is inserted." The disk is inserted. What am I doing wrong? I am fairly computer savvy but this is out of my league.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: CD: Playing music & Saving data on
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 11:21:03 PM »
So what I think I've got so far is that the Hard disk is C:, D: & E: could be either cdrom or a cd writer.  

What OS are you using and what burning software are you using to "save" (burn) to a cd.

How old is the system, what kind of disks are you trying to burn to/read from, cdr or cdrw?
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 04:07:49 AM »
What version of Windows is installed and what program are you using to play [music] CDs?

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 12:35:36 PM »
Do you have a program called musicmatch installed on your pc !

mpp

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 01:48:01 PM »
In answer to all replies: The computer is a Genuine Intel, Pentium III w/ Windows 98 and it's about 5 years old. A friend, no longer living in Austin, upgraded it and said it's a dandy and has more memory than I will ever need and I should not consider buying a new computer b/c it's fast. The disks I purchased are Memorex High Speed CD-RW. I do not have Music Match installed. I had Multi Media at one time but my brother (knowing just enough to be dangerous!) uninstalled it b/c it interferred w/ defrag. He said I could reinstall it but I cannot find it in ADD/DELETE PROGRAMS, among other things. If you can tell me where to look and what to look for I can provide any other specifics needed to dx the problem. I would like to play music and learn to burn disks but primarily I want to save pictures, contracts, forms, etc. relating to my business. I appreciate your help. Thx, MPP

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 02:07:19 PM »
Does any cd disk with music on play in windows  media player!>Try the open with>>right click the the cdrom drive.....a drop down should appear!

mpp

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 03:58:01 PM »
 :)Audio CD is drive D. I went from Start to Programs, Programs to Accessories, Accessories to Entertainment, Entertainment to Windows Media Player. It simply did not work. Then, I went from My Computer to Audio CD (D:) and recieved the following message:  "A required .DLL file, MMVCP70.DLL was not found." Que mas?

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 04:21:47 PM »
What is your operating system win.

mpp

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 04:51:54 PM »
Windows 98