Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Soundblaster or Trust?  (Read 2631 times)

Raptor

Soundblaster or Trust?
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »
This concerns two good soundcards;

A Trust 512DX (Created for/with the 5.1 Surround set that I use) and a Soundblaster Live! Digital 5.1.

The Trust 512DX is only capable of 17 channels, I am not too certain about the Soundblaster Live! Digital 5.1.

Both are from post-2001.

What would you install? Since most soundcards seem to be compatible with the Soundblaster standard, should I even bother using a non-Soundblaster audio card?

On the side;

What kind of sounds should emanate from a 5.1 Surround middle speaker? It does not seem to make any sound at all, even when I disconnect all the other speakers.

The whole 5.1 idea is a bit vague to me as well, the front speakers are always louder and I never get the feeling that there is 'something' happening behind me. Most likely because I dance all over the screen in any sort of game, but still, aren't I supposed to feel like I'm really there?

Raptor

Re: Soundblaster or Trust?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 10:19:47 AM »
Still quite perplexed.

If the volume reaches a certain point, the left front channel becomes less dominant.