Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Update Error Windows 7 Error Code 80070BC9 and Installation Errors  (Read 21807 times)

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

I get an error every time when I try to install important updates. I get an error code 80070BC9.  Also ever since I have had my new computer I can never install programs such as itunes,sony vegas, and i cant even install microsoft redistributable packages and it tells me i need it and i cant install dotnet stuff either. And I get error 1935 when installing those kind of programs. PLEASE HELP!!! Here is the update history for one of the updates that failed there are 4 more.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB982526)

Installation date: ‎12/‎4/‎2010 9:09 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070BC9

Update type: Important

This update addresses a set of known issues of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=190967

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Windows Update Error Windows 7 Error Code 80070BC9 and Installation Errors
      « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 08:10:43 PM »
      That doesnt work, when I try to download the x64 package provided it asks me for validation and when I try to perform step 1 which is the run the validation tool, it wont obtain the validation code so that doesnt work. Any other ideas?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
      Have you tried resetting windows(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058) update as suggested in the social forum before following the first...?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
      Also ever since I have had my new computer
      ...and the reason, you didn't return it is...?

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »
        Well Im pretty sure its a problem with windows, do you have any advice???

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 10:54:41 PM »
        You didn't answer my question.
        Since you had issue with a new computer from the day one, I'm pretty sure, it's not a software issue.

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 11:05:56 PM »
          Well sorry but I didn't realize the problem until I actually tried installing itunes later on and Im not experience with computers so I didn't realize that it was a big problem and would repeat with other programs.

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 11:08:15 PM »
          You said, the problem started from the get go:
          Also ever since I have had my new computer I can never install programs
          ...so, which is it?

berricsrepresent

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »
            Well after installing itunes and other programs like sony vegas etc. I FIGURED it was from day one so therefore I posted it as said.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
            « Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »
            I'm just curious if SP Blocker Tool has something to do with this... ???

This tool can be used with:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (valid for 12 months following general availability of the service pack)
            Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (valid for 12 months following general availability of the service pack)
            This toolkit contains three components. All of them function primarily to set or clear a specific registry key that is used to detect and block download of Service Packs from Windows Update. You only need to use the component which best serves your organization’s computer management infrastructure.
            http://www.tricksnhacking.com/block-only-auto-updates-of-service-packs-in-windows-7-rest-leave-as-it-is/