Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not sure if it's software or hardware,  (Read 3684 times)

raymona

Not sure if it's software or hardware,
« on: August 07, 2005, 01:34:08 PM »
When I start one of my other computers it comes up with sone kind of error report and asks if I want to send it, but the main problem the mouse.  Let me try to explain.  It boots with the cursor in the middle, I can't move it to the left at all, then once I move it to the right it won't go back left at all.  So once it gets to the end of the right side that is it.  What did I do?  lol  And can I fix it?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Not sure if it's software or hardware,
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 02:09:59 PM »
Which operating system is this? Is this a wireless mouse? Do you have virus and Spyware protection? Have you scanned for them? Have you tried using another mouse?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

raymona

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 08:16:17 PM »
windows xp pro
I just used a different mouse, so that was it, duh.  hehe
When I boot I'm still getting the rguaum.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Any idea what that is?  Thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 09:51:43 PM »
hhhmm... No... I searched, but I can't find it  :-/  Do you see an icon next to the name in the error reporting box? When did you start seeing the message?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 06:18:14 AM »
windows xp pro
I just used a different mouse, so that was it, duh.  hehe
When I boot I'm still getting the rguaum.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Any idea what that is?  Thanks

Try the following:

1. Before Windows XP loads, press F8
2. Choose last known good configuration
3. Press Enter

raymona

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 02:27:51 PM »
I am not sure when it started but, I also can't get rid of the stupid winfix 2005.  It keeps d/l itself.  Could that be it?  I ran an adware remover program and it isn't getting it.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 02:50:36 PM »
Type msconfig in the run box..click startup folder.and untick winfix

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 04:13:16 PM »
I am not sure when it started but, I also can't get rid of the stupid winfix 2005.  It keeps d/l itself.  Could that be it?  I ran an adware remover program and it isn't getting it.

Raymona, if you think that you are being under attack by a Trojan Horse (no pun intended) you should download and install a firewall:

Firewalls
Use both a hardware and software firewall.
Be advised as dual software firewalls may cause problems

ZoneAlarm Free
-- Free firewall - more user friendly
Sygate Personal
-- Free firewall - more configuration options

raymona

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 04:33:50 PM »
I thought I had one with the router or hub or what ever, cause my boys have to go around it all the time.  I ran a free virus scan that I got from a link somehere on here and it found some and removed all but and it seems to be that one.  It says it drops a copy and when removed drops another one or something.  It wants me to do all kinds of things I am not sure of or would need to be walked through.  lol  I don't know what to do with it.  

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 04:44:08 PM »
I thought I had one with the router or hub or what ever, cause my boys have to go around it all the time.

That's a plus, however, software firewalls allow for program control. Which your Router will not.

You should install both a hardware and software firewall. Should you need help configuring either, we're here for you.

As for 'bypassing', this is called port forwarding. Just make certain they do not disable the entire firewall!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:45:43 PM by Raptor »