Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cursor problem while playing games  (Read 2448 times)

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Cursor problem while playing games
    « on: December 09, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »
    I really don't know exactly how to explain this problem but will do my best so that you can understand it.  I regularly play games where the cursor is changed into one with the game theme like a star or a electrode wand. They are very slow and unstable. On one game I was able to right click to open Flash and move the slider to the right then a little to the left causing the cursor to change to the regular Windows pointer until I did something in registry(I think). That is when the cursors began to seem unstable and slow. My favorite game is a puzzle game to match colored balls, these flicker terribly now and the whole game at a certain point begins to flicker. Do you have any idea what I can do to correct this? My grandchildren and friends have the same game program where we earn play money to shop with and this is how I earn the most for them and sure would like to get it fixed.
    This problem is the main reason I finally reinstalled Windows XP SP3 on my Dell Dimension 4700 machine. I use IE8 and Firefox Browsers. The game acts the same in both as do the cursors. I have 4 gigs of memory
    just added
    I have Legacy Audio and Video
    SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
    Video Codecs are  ROOT\MEDIA\MS_MMVID....I assume that is a Microsoft, correct?
    I had more recent drivers until I reinstalled and they got removed I guess, They are nowhere to be found. In the drivers file ONBOARD is listed. I paid for the new ones but do not want to do that again. Do you have any suggestions. In past I installed some from the Microsoft site and that may be what these are.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:34:34 PM by pattybrew »

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Cursor problem while playing games
      « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
      Am I looking for a Video upgrade/update or a Graphics update?