Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows can not load the locally stored profile  (Read 2867 times)

haleyc

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows can not load the locally stored profile
    « on: December 20, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »
    I've been searching online all day for solutions to this problem and need help.

I get the error message as I log onto my user profile that "Windows can not load the locally stored profile and the possible causes are due to insufficient security or a corrupt profile".

I have tried all suggestions that I can possibly find on the microsoft help website and created a new user profile (also an administrator) and tried to copy all files from the corrupt profile on the the new user profile but I'm being told "Access Denied" on all of the files from the old profile.

Please help.  I just need to get all of my files one last time off of my original profile and then I can chuck this old computer out the window.  These files are detrimental to my lilvelyhood  :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows can not load the locally stored profile
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:45 PM »
    You need to take ownership: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

haleyc

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »
      These are great directions but here is my problem when trying to take ownership:

Right click on the folder you want to take ownership of and hit properties
      Then click the Security tab (I don't have a security tab)  Does this mean i'm not in safe mode?  I've restarted 3 times while pushing F8.  Any suggestions on why I don't have the Security tab when entering the properties?

haleyc

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
        Got it in safe mode.  I should see the security tab soon.  Will keep you posted.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
        You have to choose safe mode from the boot option screen. As soon as the system boots start tapping the F5 key. From the next screen choose safe mode.

haleyc

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »
          Thanks Allen!!!! Finally accessed my files and are copying them to my new user profile.  Also headed out the door to find a flash drive with a lot of storage.  I wasn't kidding about chucking this computer out the window.  I use QuickBooks desktop and online versions frequently - Any suggestions on a new computer.  I need fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)