Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer reboots except in Safe Mode  (Read 2188 times)

Mr. Moe

Computer reboots except in Safe Mode
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »
   My power supply fan broke about two weeks ago and it was under warranty so I sent it in to get fixed. Well I got it back today and plugged it in and now the computer restarts automatically after being on for about 40 seconds or so. If I boot up into safe mode however, this problem doesn't occur and it runs until I shut it off on my own. I tried doing a system restore and running the system repair that windows suggests and neither of these appear to have helped.
  I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, my motherboard is a Gigabyte P55-USB3, with Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz, two sticks of 2GB ram, and a Nividia GTS 250.
 The computer worked just fine when I sent the power supply away (I haven't ran it at all for the week or so that I was waiting for the power supply to get back), and now I'm having this problem. I haven't installed anything new or removed anything either between now and then. Also I don't think that the computer is getting to hot either. I'm in a fairly cold room and also have a program that monitors the temperature, and in safe mode (the only way I can get to the desktop), it says it is cool, running around 34ºC.
 I believe this is the correct place to post this, sorry if it's not. I included all the information I could think of, if there's anything else needed just let me know. Any help on the issue or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
 - Mr. Moe

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Computer reboots except in Safe Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
You could start reading some guides here --> http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/481151.htm

* Except for the "Clean the registry"

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »
    Just to give you the heads up Jason a while back techarena copied many threads from Computer Hope then changed the posters names and claimed the threads as there own. You may note the recognition of computerhope.com at the bottom of the first post in the link you put up.
    This recognition to CH was added after techarena got caught out.
    Needless to say, techarena isn't very popular around here as many CH Members had their work plagiarized by techarena.com.
    BTW, here's the original link for the link you put up.
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,20371.0.html

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:55:59 PM »
    *Originally from Computerhope.Com
    Yes and thanks for the heads up or letting me know Fed.  :)
    BTW, here's the original link for the link you put up.
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,20371.0.html
    I stand corrected.