Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No signal to monitor  (Read 2061 times)

bgphotoo

Topic Starter

Rookie
    No signal to monitor
    « on: January 10, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »
    I accidently unplugged my computer. When I powered it back on, it says no signal. I have checked and rechecked all my connections! Any ideas???

BluerjB

Hopeful

• Windows 7
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: No signal to monitor
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
    I accidently unplugged my computer. When I powered it back on, it says no signal. I have checked and rechecked all my connections! Any ideas???

If you have an old computer it could be that you computer is fried or the videocard messed up if you have one. Could be anything. If you really wanna find some help you should post more information about your computer or laptop. Makes a big drifference if the pro's know what they're working with.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
    First thing you want to do is try the display with a different computer to make sure it works.

bgphotoo

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »
      Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually asking for a friend so I didn't have a lot of info. We reseated the video card and that did the trick. Not sure how pulling the plug caused that. Anyway its fixed now. Thanks again.