Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus notebook startup problem?  (Read 2498 times)

itzzmenicolee

Asus notebook startup problem?
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
Well I have an asus EEE PCnotebook about a year old. When I turn it on it says "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\system32\1_intl.nls
You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."
Well the problem is it's a notebook and doesn't have a place to put in disks! What should I do to fix this error and be able to use the computer again?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Asus notebook startup problem?
    « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
    It appears that initially this device came with a Linux operating system with later versions coming with windows XP. So is your unit this one (original) or is it a later version?http://www.futurelooks.com/impressions-of-the-asus-eee-pc-notebook-computer/
    Having read all 4 pages of the functionality of the product there is no reference to adding of items other than through the SD card slot. However as I'm sure you know with all the available USB ports you could if required install an external optical read/write device which would address the need to incorporate material from a "disc". However if it is typical of todays computers you do NOT have a disc of the operating system. So where to go from here? Hopefully others may come along with some more ideas. truenorth