Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hp Pav. 9700 has new hard drive. Error message when in recovery???  (Read 3148 times)

lehoward

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I cannot seem to find topics quite like this problem.  I put a new hard drive in my hp Pavillion 9700 and ordered recovery discs to get the system running.  I have System Recovery DVDs 1 and 2 and an Application and Driver Recover CD.  The only one that will load files onto the computer is the Sys. Recov. DVD #1.  I get to the on screen instructions and an Error appears as 0x 4001100200001004.  No clue what this means.  The other System recovery DVD gives me an Op. System Not Found error and the Application and Driver CD tells me the Boot Manager is missing.  If I can get any clues on what to do I will be forever grateful. 

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: hp Pav. 9700 has new hard drive. Error message when in recovery???
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:28 PM »
    Without knowing more about the disks I'd guess you are supposed to boot to disk one, which would begin the installation process and at some point tell you to replace it with disk number two which would finalize the installation. You would then boot to the OS and insert disk 3 and install the drivers. But it sounds as though you can't get through disk one.

Is that the entire error message - those numbers? If so, you should probably contact HP and see what they have to say.

lehoward

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:06:16 PM »
      You have it right...cannot get through disc one.  The error message is just what is above followed by, "If this happens again, contact HP."  Am I boned if I'm not under warranty?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
      Contact HP