Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Explorer has stopped working error message comp. won't boot up.  (Read 2833 times)

denali12

Explorer has stopped working error message comp. won't boot up.
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
I have a Gateway gt5468 1.5m 500g hard drive, Vista home pr., spy sweeper security not sure of anti virus, Problems started when I was trying to install micro trend platinum. My disc drive is broken thanks to my 4 yr. old
computer would go on line for about 5 minutes then I would get " windows host program has stopped working, widows is looking for a solution" I would have to reboot computer and it would happen again.
Now the computer boots to user page, click on user then the only thing that comes up is " Explorer has stopped stopped working" window and the web connection windows. once you click out of those the screen is black.
 Any advise

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Explorer has stopped working error message comp. won't boot up.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
Fix CD/DVD Rom by replacing it for about $20 and perform Repair Installation with OEM software that came with system.

Mulreay

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Explorer has stopped working error message comp. won't boot up.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »
I have a Gateway gt5468 1.5m 500g hard drive, Vista home pr., spy sweeper security not sure of anti virus, Problems started when I was trying to install micro trend platinum. My disc drive is broken thanks to my 4 yr. old
computer would go on line for about 5 minutes then I would get " windows host program has stopped working, widows is looking for a solution" I would have to reboot computer and it would happen again.
Now the computer boots to user page, click on user then the only thing that comes up is " Explorer has stopped stopped working" window and the web connection windows. once you click out of those the screen is black.
 Any advise

Please re-post your topic here

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,53.0.html

Fix CD/DVD Rom by replacing it for about $20 and perform Repair Installation with OEM software that came with system.

I'm not sure what you mean there, the computer is having software issues as well as optical drive issues. There is always an option BEFORE just 're-install'  I hate that idea... 'just re-install' well how's about we try to fix it?
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay