Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Application cannot be executed. The file ------ is infected.  (Read 2367 times)

Aruhi

Application cannot be executed. The file ------ is infected.
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
I am currently running on a Window 7 Sony VAIO laptop. Recently I just got a this message while reading on IE stating that "Application cannot be executed. The file ------- (NAME) is infected." This has occured once about 4 months ago, but I managed to download "Spybot - Search and Destory" and after running the scan in safe mode, the problem was fixed. Then again, this is happening again. I did the exact same steps running the "Spybot - Search and Destroy" and the problem was not removed. It could not detect anything. I also installed the SpyHunter, Mal warebytes' Anti-Melware, and SH Downloader but nothing seems to work. There was also constant pop ups that leads to inappropriate websites. If it was possible, please give a reply to this post. I am not very good with laptops, but I will try to provide all the information it takes to fix the problem.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced