Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CH mine craft  (Read 22123 times)

blackrainbow

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
  • Experience: Familiar
CH mine craft
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:19:19 AM »
I wonder dose Computer hope have a Mine craft server,  if ther is one  could i join it :)

Accessless

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: CH mine craft
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
That would be an awesome idea if we don't have one yet. What would we build though?

[I have no idea whether or not anyone here has set up a server already]

blackrainbow

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:52:36 AM »
well i enjoy bulding mines and little houses dotted around the maps :)

Accessless

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
No this is the sort of thing that minecraft is for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epYmWk9Q3g4

There are loads more but youtube has stopped working on my computer for some reason :p

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »
Creative mode minecraft is just 3-D pixel art.

Survival is the real game.

With that in mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfS_Y0mPA40

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Carstairs

Rookie

• I has the power!
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »

Mulreay

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »
I very much doubt there is a CH Minecraft server. So to answer the original question .... no.
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

bromtheman

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
    I could post a server, but minecraft servers can be very hard to handle due to griefers and hackers  :-\

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
    This game is one that is best for a group of close friends in which no one will do anything bad in the pool that they are all swimming in and serious about sort of speak.

Broadcasting it openly and inviting all is just asking for trouble if ever created and launched. In addition to this it needs an administrators touch, and many here at CH donate random periods of time throughout there day sometimes disappearing for a while and coming back depending on what higher level of responsibilities in life demand etc.

I served up a Unreal Tournament 99 server with the Massive Bedroom map and it was a very active server with many people I never met before joining in for deathmatches. I placed this system on the DMZ to keep it seperate from my other systems on the network for fear that someone would use an exploit and gain access to important data. No hacks that I know of ever happend to this server, and it finally died when the fan on the Pentium 3 heatsink stopped spinning on a 100F day and the Pentium III 850Mhz CPU burned a blister in the waffer and let out its secret smoke.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »
    First step. Don't use the default Server. It's good for small whitelists, but doesn't lend itself to public servers.

Preferred? Bukkit. Why? Plugins.

Case and point:Grief Prevention. I've always liked the functionality of this plugin, and more recently the Author transferred the Project to Tux2 (Who is a member here as well) and he suggested I could help with the project and added me, and I've been refactoring and adding features like mad for the last few weeks, responding to tickets, etc. Primarily the plugin basically makes it possible for players to lay claim to pieces of land- essentially define a area as "theirs"; of course the number of blocks you can claim is limited. As you play on the server you get more and more claim blocks. Other players cannot mess with your claims unless you give them "trust".

There are also other options in the plugin to help prevent players from building giant phallic structures in the middle of the wilderness, and many others.

Tux2 (who is a member here as well) runs a Minecraft Hosting Company at Tux2MC.com. If there was interest in the idea here, I'm sure Nathan could work something out with him.

For what it's worth, However, Tux2 also runs a Server at EpicMinecrafter.com. It can always use more players. He used to run a small whitelist server, but then went public, and then merged with This one which he eventually got sole ownership of when the other owner backed out.

There are quite a few builds. I myself spend my time in the PvP World, waiting for visitors who dare to encounter me. As you Can see I've been rather busy. And that is just my above ground. It features various farms and animal pens as well. All built almost entirely by me.

TBH I don't think Minecraft really fits in as a sort of thing to be 'sponsored' as a "CH Minecraft Server" type thing; if nothing else, it would have to be run by somebody else, just as the Chat is, simply because Nathan's time is already so divided.  So I thought I'd drop the server I play on.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:49:05 PM by BC_Programmer »
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.