Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Freezes on "Starting Windows" Screen During Startup (Win7)  (Read 3682 times)

Kyitt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    (I'm not quite sure exactly which forum to put this in since I don't know what is causing the problem. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong one.)

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a Gateway LX6810-01.

This morning while starting up my computer it froze on the "starting windows" screen. When I restarted I was asked to run startup repair which prompted me to use system restore and I allowed it to do so. The computer restarted and managed to get to the desktop, however nothing seemed to be working correctly. So I restarted again.

This time it started up normally and I took the opportunity to run chkdsk on my internal hard drive. To get ckdsk to run I had to restart the computer. Chkdsk ran, but when the computer restarted after running chkdsk it got stuck on the "starting windows" screen again.

Another restart and startup repair shows back up. It asks me to do another system restore, but I refuse and let the repair keep running. When it reaches the end of repair routine the repair informs me that startup repair cannot automatically fix my problem. The computer restarts and starts up normally.

I am currently on the problem computer and it seems to be behaving normally at the moment.