Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7 Ultimate Error Message `Importer has Stoped Working`  (Read 5657 times)

loedlucan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    windows 7 Ultimate Error Message `Importer has Stoped Working`
    « on: February 25, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
    I have a 4 core 32 bit machine running Windows 7.  The software I am using is Pinnacle  Studio 15 (Movie Maker ) Every time I try and open Pinnacle I get the error message
    `Importer has stopped Working` Windows is searching to find the problem, it never does.   Pinnacle say its not the programme and should try re installing Windows 7 !!!
    Can't get any sense out of Windows any ideas would be most welcome

ssswilson

Re: windows 7 Ultimate Error Message `Importer has Stoped Working`
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »
    I have the same issue and am still looking for a solution. I opened it once and then it would not finish loading.   Studio 12 now also has the same problem.

loedlucan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: windows 7 Ultimate Error Message `Importer has Stoped Working`
      « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 03:09:08 AM »
      Thank you for your reply.  After a very frustrating backwards and forwards to Pinnacle they still would not acept that V14 & V15 are prone to lose Importer files, or can not access them.

I bit the bullets last weekend and reloaded Windows 7.  I have to say that the Pinnacle is working OK. I have had another go at Pinnacle but they are not replying to my Emails.

It would be good idea to get someone to load Windows via BIOS it means pressing F5 on start up.  My computer friend then changes the start up drive to CD Rom this stops Windows picking up all bits it leaves behind when you just format the  C drive  in normal mode.

Sorry I have no quick solution to our problem. 

cheers loedlucan