Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Netbook to TV lead problem  (Read 2844 times)

Jonny5

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Netbook to TV lead problem
    « on: February 26, 2011, 06:12:34 AM »
    Hi all, I'm new to the site.  I'm a member on freepchelp.co.uk but it seems to have disappeared?

Anyway, I've bought a lead to connect my netbook to my tv to use it as a monitor.  It has the 15 pin connector on one end and 3 RCA connectors on the other - RED, Green and Blue.  I plugged it into the appropriate terminals on the tv but can't view whatevers on the netbook screen.  I've tried changing display settings within the computer and tried various combinations with the RCAs.

This is the lead I bought: [urlhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280634772964&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT][/url]

Are these coloured ends for audio only?  Do I need a yellow RCA for video?

Many thanks, Jon-Paul.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Netbook to TV lead problem
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »
    I think you have to press a function key, with the Fn held down. On my  Dell I hit Fn + F8 and it goes to the TV.

Jonny5

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Netbook to TV lead problem
      « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:02:13 AM »
      I think you have to press a function key, with the Fn held down. On my  Dell I hit Fn + F8 and it goes to the TV.

Hi, I've just tried that with the F2 + FN button combination on the netbook (F8 is volume up key on mine)

Still get the same result.  I wonder if I would be better off with VGA to HDMI or VGA to Yellow, Red and White RCAs?