Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard and mouse not working  (Read 6080 times)

Jordan quity

keyboard and mouse not working
« on: August 16, 2005, 03:16:02 AM »
hey whats up my computer is actting up, i just got my new video card (geforce 6800 LE) and im dieing to use it i when i start my computer some times it will say like put in a book disk so i restart and then i get to my desktop and my keyboard and mouse doent work i think i have to redownload my windows XP, but i dont have the boot disk becuase my computer was custum built. i do however have my laptop recovery disk would that work?

squirrel

Re: keyboard and mouse not working
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 06:17:40 AM »
Did it start doing this AFTER the video card was installed? Are you sure the video card is compatible with your computer?

Jordan

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:23:19 PM »
well i have the card on my motherboard but i cant install the drivers because my keyboard and mouse dont work =P but i know it was made for windows so i dont think thats the problem, it have one of those "made for windows XP" stickers so ya...

squirrel

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:42:45 PM »
Do those two devices work on a different PC (borrow one if you have to)? do a different Keyboard and mouse work on your machine?

Jordan

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 03:18:29 PM »
i swaped mouses and still no luck =(

squirrel

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 03:22:09 PM »
Okay. does your mouse work on the other machine?

Jordan

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 05:22:19 PM »
yes it does

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 08:36:23 AM »
You do not require a bootable diskette for Windows XP. You can simply boot from the CD-ROM.

squirrel

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
Then it's an issue with your computer. Your mouse and keyboard are fine. are your mouse drivers current AND are they installed?

Jordan

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 12:25:58 PM »
i think so, if they arnt would i be albe to use my keyboard and mouse if the disk was in the disk tray?

squirrel

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 01:58:20 PM »
Make absolutely certain, okay?

merlin_2

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 03:23:28 PM »
You need to do this........take the gforce card back out of the mobo....reboot pc...........hold down whatever key you need to enter the bios setup.........now disable the onboard graphics .........shut pc down.......now replace the geforce card........and re-start pc..........

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 04:59:51 PM »
You did connect the Mouse to the mouse connector and the keyboard to the keyboard connector. Not the other way around...?

Jordan

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 02:18:43 AM »
You need to do this........take the gforce card back out of the mobo....reboot pc...........hold down whatever key you need to enter the bios setup.........now disable the onboard graphics .........shut pc down.......now replace the geforce card........and re-start pc..........

yah i tryed that same thing happend and its a usb mouse and keyboard -_- and do i download the drivers on to  disk or summin?

merlin_2

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 04:05:58 PM »
So to update us.........you have winxp........laptop.....why not use the accupoint..........