Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson CX 9400 Fax All-in-One  (Read 2742 times)

HI_Hilo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Epson CX 9400 Fax All-in-One
    « on: February 28, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
     :(  All of a sudden my Epson CX9400 is acting strange and I am unable to stop the fax phone from ringing. I do not know what to do. I did not do anything in the settings so it has been unchanged for 2 years. I also am having a problem with the Auto-Feed.  It just stopped working. I called Epson but, because it is out of warranty, they were unable to help (unwilling?) and just wanted me to buy a new printer since I have shown loyalty to their product. I realize that to some of you these are minor problems but the ringing from the machine just has me turning off between usage. As to the auto-feed problem. that is MOST annoying-try standing/sitting in front of the printer, making sure you push the OK button then placing the next page of the 25 or so pages you need to fax! 
    Please, any and all fixes welcome!
    TIA

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Epson CX 9400 Fax All-in-One
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
    I understand the feeling.  :'(
    But not with Epsom.
    Brother and Minolta.
    What I do is put the Minolta t out in the driveway and hope somebody with either take it or run over it.  Still there. When it goes, I will but the Brother out there.  :P

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
      Prior to Geeks rather dramatic "solution" it will cost you nothing but time. Completely uninstall the printer hardware/software then reinstall as if new. Absolutely ensure precise adherence to the protocol of the printer manual for the re installation.Failure to follow it exactly is the most frequent cause of printer malfunction.  To get you started here is your manual
      http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/cx94f_/cx94f_qr.pdf
      Reading through the manual briefly as it pertains to your fax ringing issue i note some procedures related that may pertain to that. I suggest you read through this BEFORE any uninstall. truenorth

HI_Hilo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
        Well, I did the install process again and still no go-will not feed. It is 3 years old so maybe it is feeling its age like its owner  :P
        I just went ahead and purchased a Refurb Canon Wireless for $40. I had good luck with my other Canon, so crossing fingers this will be the same.
        It's just funny how things happen though. I had purchased a Canon Laser Fax (B & W) last April. This did the opposite of my Epson problem in that it would feed then tell me I had a paper jam. I just unplugged the darn thing and listed it on Craig's List. I have all of the manuals etc. so maybe I will try again since it is still under warranty, Canon may help with that issue. Who knows, I may end up with 2 working printers  ???