Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant Get any picture  (Read 2352 times)

Kyle

Cant Get any picture
« on: August 16, 2005, 09:01:18 AM »
Pc Specs:

1)500mhz
2)384 Ram
3) Pentium 3
4) Video Card :Radeon 9200

I had my pc hooked up at my dads and it was working fine then I unhooked it to bring it to my moms.  I get there and went to hook it up and i dont get any picture ive tried like 5 video cards and none work. But i tried my main video card in a different pc and it works fine anyone know whats wrong?

Evans

Re: Cant Get any picture
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 09:08:43 AM »
What do you mean exactly by "no picture"?

Is your monitor ok? Try another one just in case.

ITTechnician

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 09:26:26 AM »
1) take your graphics card out then turn on your PC. If it comes on then its your graphics card. Try looking up some stuff that may cause that

2) If it still dont come on with the graphic card out then try a different Monitor.

3) If another monitor don't work. Get a professional Technician or try it yourself. Open the case and there is a jumper by a little battery called the CMOS Battery. Switch the jumper over to the other side of the pins, it should be 3 pins, and the jumper is over two of them, move it to the other two pins for about 10 minutes, Then try.

4) If that dont work it may be a problem with your PCI or AGP slot, go to the manufactor of the motherboard and look for other methods or get a new computer.

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 10:09:49 AM »
    Does your pc power up, is the heatsink fan inside your computer spinning. Do you hear any beeps at start up or see any messages at all on screen. Is your screen completely blank. Is your monitor light on. Is the monitor cable properly attached at the back.
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 10:15:02 AM by Frankie »