Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Constant error message "unable to display page"  (Read 3470 times)

Iola Glista

Constant error message "unable to display page"
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
Have had att internet and e-mail for years with Internet Explorer as browser.  Problems began with changeover att made to home page powered by Yahoo.  Now, virtually nothing works.  Even though I connect with att connection manager and little blue world says "connected", most of the time any thing I try to look up i get the message "unable to display page"  Reason given is "a cable is not plugged into the local area connector"  What does this mean?  No one has ever been able to give me an answer.  Even though I sometimes finally get into my e-mail, it is very difficult to get any messages to open on the first, 10th, or 25th try.  PLEASE HLP ME!  Can someone e-mail me back with suggestions?  Thank you.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Constant error message "unable to display page"
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »
    Iola Glista, Welcome to the CH forums. There are a number of options that you could try to solve your issue. However if i were in your shoes given that your ISP (att) has recently changed something re their service i would contact their tech support and see if they will help you to solve your problem. If you have and they haven't then please tell us so and we shall proceed from there. truenorth

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Constant error message "unable to display page"
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
    "a cable is not plugged into the local area connector"  What does this mean? 
    Umm, have you checked your cable connections?   ::)  Check the cable that connects to your modem and the cable that connects your modem to your computer. Make sure they are securely connected.

I connect with att connection manager
    att connection manager is an unnecessary program but I won't suggest you remove it because, if you have to contact ATT support, they will probably insist that you need to use it. 

I agree with truenorth.  The first step should be contacting ATT tech support.