Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Operation keeps getting aborted  (Read 3069 times)

Steve M

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Operation keeps getting aborted
    « on: March 31, 2011, 05:31:31 AM »
    We have a Toshiba P200 laptop and have been connecting it wirelessly to a computer in another room for the internet. The laptop runs Vista Home Premium. Most websites work fine, but some it seems to have a real problem with. I keep getting "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site -such and such - operation aborted." But I can see the page I want behind the error message so it's loaded most of the page. Clicking OK takes me to the cannot display page where no connetion problems can be found. I checked that SSL and TLS (whatever they are) are enabled as suggested. Is it my browser or my security settings messing things up? It's very annoying to see the page you want behind the error message, then when you click on it you're whisked away to the "cannot display" page. Any ideas?

Steve M

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Operation keeps getting aborted
      « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:37:13 AM »
      A bit more info. The website I'm having problems with at the moment is supposed to allow you to put widgets onto your blog, so it may well be a security issue?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Operation keeps getting aborted
      « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »
      What version of IE (Internet Explorer) are you using?  Did this problem start after updating IE to a newer version?  Have you tried a different browser?  If not, that may be the quickest solution.  You could try Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.  They're all good.