Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer will not boot up properly! Please help!!  (Read 3102 times)

Woodze105

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    my computer will not boot up properly! Please help!!
    « on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
    Please could someone please help me with my problem.

I have a Toshiba Equium A100-147 and using Window XP Media Centre Addition, Version 2002.
    When switching on my laptop it goes straight to the safe mode selection screen, I have tried to start it using all modes and nothing works, once a mode is selected a blue screen flashes for half a second, then goes to Windows XP loading, then to Toshiba loading page and then goes straight back to the mode selection screen. Is there anyway to fix this or is it a case that I have to wipe my computer with the recovery disc, which I hope is not the case as I have a lot of personal photos and important documents on there which will obviously be lost. I have not downloaded anything for the past couple of days and it was working fine this morning.  Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Kayleigh

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: my computer will not boot up properly! Please help!!
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:09:26 PM »
    At the mode selection screen choose disable automatic restarts on system failure. This will allow you to see the blue screen error message. Post back with the entire message.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/