Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help: cannot use my laptop because of vertical lines on screen  (Read 2982 times)

COYSnick

I have an HP pavilion dv5 laptop and I am experiencing vertical lines on the screen which do not go away, and return after rebooting. I have read some other threads with similar issues; however, my laptop becomes completely unusable after these lines appear. This same problem happened regularly about 1 and a half months ago, but went away following a system restore. My battery is pretty much shot, and I don't know if that would have anything to do with this problem. When the lines appear I am forced to shut the laptop down and restart it, only to have it happen again. I took my battery out for most of the day yesterday, and I was able to use the laptop for an hour or two today before the lines returned. I have no idea what to do, and I have system restored like 5 times in the past week, but nothings has worked. Please help.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Help: cannot use my laptop because of vertical lines on screen
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 10:44:42 AM »
See, if same issue happens in Safe Mode.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Help: cannot use my laptop because of vertical lines on screen
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:08:43 PM »
Brick...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "