Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Open thumbnails as default?  (Read 2522 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Open thumbnails as default?
    « on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:34 AM »
    Hello and thank you for looking at my thread today.

The recent passing of my father left me in charge of the arrangements.

I have been going through hundreds of photo's to make a life story video, using Windows Movie Maker.

My question is: Can I set the default , when opening files that are pictures, to thumbnails instead of the  $#%%@ list all the time?

It gets really tedious when I have to continually change the setting to thumbs everytime I want to import a new photo.
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

pawz

Re: Open thumbnails as default?
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »
     If you have not done this already, open   the C: drive and click on  the top menu Tools-Folder Options-View  scroll down and ensure that 'Remember each folder's view settings is checked, apply and come out.

That should be all you need to do once you have  optioned for thumbnails,  but if not, there is this page from Microsoft which may help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812003

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • The wonders of modern technology.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Open thumbnails as default?
      « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:09:45 AM »
      Thanks pawz for your reply.

I will give that a shot and hopefully the next time I have a project like that to do it wont take so long.
      It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.