Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blocked making on line e mail accounts like g mail or MS mail?  (Read 3856 times)

Mr.PeteT

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Running a Dell 2.2GHZ 2 GB  80 GB hard drive with windows XP home had a virus had it removed.
    Got it home starts runs fine, can get on the internet using  the normal DSL connection, everything works fine but.

When I try to go on line to make a new on line e mail account on g mail or MS it will not allow me to do so.
    I can surf the internet fine but when I try to make a account it does not allow the page to open.

Others have come over and gone on to use their e mail accounts, they normally can't but if we restart the westell modem normally they can get to their account once. Then the next time it will not allow them to get to the in box.

After re -setting all the on line under "tools" very low, no luck. So I called Centurylink, they said they never had anything like that happen before and it was not the modem.
    I have run AVG free plus "Windows Security Essentials plus" " Advanced System Care"- IO-bits "Security 360" nothing was found and nothing else is a problem but?

Just cannot get any account to allow me to make a on line e mail   from MSN mail or G mail ?  Will not go back to Yahoo since that is where I got the virus to start. Thanks for any good ideas?

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Blocked making on line e mail accounts like g mail or MS mail?
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
    Running a Dell 2.2GHZ 2 GB  80 GB hard drive with windows XP home had a virus had it removed.

I have run AVG free plus "Windows Security Essentials plus" " Advanced System Care"- IO-bits "Security 360" nothing was found and nothing else is a problem but?

Do you have all of those programs installed on your computer?

What happens in safe mode with networking?
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 02:00:45 AM »
    Try clearing browser's cache and check firewall settings/exceptions. What browser are you using and have you tried FF,IE or other browsers?

Mr.PeteT

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »
      Thanks: I give that a try clearing, ???  Its explorer I was going to go over to chrome
      Try clearing browser's cache and check firewall settings/exceptions. What browser are you using and have you tried FF,IE or other browsers?

Mr.PeteT

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
        : No AVG only have the "trinity" running OBits 360-Advanced System Care-Windows Security Essentials  I never checked in safe mode since it worked ok- I will check now under networking :Thankyou
        Do you have all of those programs installed on your computer?

What happens in safe mode with networking?

Mr.PeteT

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
          I will try clearing cache and fire wall settings, plus if that does not work, I will go in under safe mode to check networking settings.
          Both seem good things to try, thanks for ideas this one did stump me? I will give them a try.