Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Office - word 2010 starter HP edition  (Read 3044 times)

gia003

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Office - word 2010 starter HP edition
    « on: April 25, 2011, 04:49:24 AM »
    Hi,
    I use MS Word every day and often to write in different languages, hence I need lots of accents on the vowels, eg. éèàòùñ
    Is there a way to set up quick commands to paste all these vowels individually.
    Important info:  I have got a mini HP, therefore no standard keyboard. Mine doesn't have on the right end the keys with only numbers...
    I have heard of the word clipboard, but I have heard everytime  you close word, it cancels what you have saved :(

thanks.
    g

michelsmith

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Office - word 2010 starter HP edition
      « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:45:17 AM »
      Microsoft Word 2010 Language Tools

These advanced language tools are extremely useful, and with them you can extend the power of Word.
      If you have text that you want to change to a foreign language, this can be done in three ways using the Translate

tool. Choose between Translate Document, Translate Selected Text (where you must first highlight some text to be

translated) and Mini Translator. The translation occurs online, and languages can be set in Translate > Choose

Translation Language. It doesn’t take long for the translation to be returned, and this is a better option that

going to the trouble of opening a browser, finding a translation service, pasting the text in and waiting for the

results.
      Finally, you can alter the dictionary language of your Word document via the Language tool. In Set Proofing Language

you can choose a language as your dictionary language either for the current document or by clicking the Set As

Default button you can select a default language for all documents!