Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is it possible to connect an Acer Aspire One to a touch screen monitor?  (Read 2979 times)

emmavn

I have been searching, and searching, and I can't find a direct answer to my question. My Acer Aspire One has a TINY screen and I heard you can connect a larger monitor. I thought that I might as well attach a touch screen monitor, 22", but I'm not sure if the touch screen will WORK in the first place. :-\

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
It depends on the screen. I'm guessing your laptop had VGA output (that's what their website says) so you'll want a monitor with input for that (although you can likely get an adapter if it doesn't).

Touch screen monitors usually have some kind of second connector for the screen itself. To make sure it's going to work with the laptop, you'll want to make sure the touch screen connector is USB, which your laptop will have.

Other than those two things, you really should have a problem with whatever monitor you choose.