Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Some thing wrong with program files x86  (Read 2489 times)

sibaseubo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Some thing wrong with program files x86
    « on: May 09, 2011, 04:23:10 AM »
       I was downloading a program yesterday and AVG told me not to so I didn't, I did a google search to make sure I had the right program my son had...I tried to reinstall and everything went well, I also tried to install Amazon cloud player.  AVG gave me a message about a backdoor trogan??(not sure for what program) I quarantined and did what AVG told me to do but now it seems anything pinned to program filesX86 and any maintenance, restore, accessories are doing the same thing.  I have been able to open some of my programs if I go around directly to the file(in C drives/ program files x86). it wants me to choose the program that opened it.  I do see that my programs files, users, and my main file was all modified yesterday when everything happened. I also now have a temp user which I believe I shouldn't have.  I was going to do a restore to factory settings but I realized I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 so now what??? please help I am a photographer and have a wedding in 3 weeks so I need to fix this quick. ???

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Some thing wrong with program files x86
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 06:01:21 AM »
    Sounds like AVG has flagged a file from the app as malicious...
    We're going to need the name of all apps you have recently installed to pinpoint the problem...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

sibaseubo

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »
      Sounds like AVG has flagged a file from the app as malicious...
      We're going to need the name of all apps you have recently installed to pinpoint the problem...
          Frostwire & Amazon cloud player ...AVG says I have a corrupted extension file it said it fixed it but I still have many programs I cannot file unless I go directly to the file in program files, program file 86 or windows

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »
      Because of all those symptoms....

Read here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
      Start new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
      Do NOT post any logs in THIS thread.