Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7 desktop gadgets will not display properly  (Read 3763 times)

matt_stan40

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

windows 7 desktop gadgets will not display properly
    « on: May 10, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »
    first off, i am using windows 7 home premium. i recently tried to add some of the gadgets to my desktop but none of them will display properly. they either dont display at all or only the overall shape of the gadget will appear. whether they display or not they will always show the "x" to close out of the gadget as well as the icon to drag the icon.
    i have tried all the troubleshooting techniques i have come across all over the web. these techniques include, running system file checker (came up with no discrepencies), deleting improper registry, disabling the windows gadget feature then re enabling it, and lastly i tried resetting my internet zone settings back to default. none of these has given me any result whatsoever.
    i made another user account on my computer and when i log into it the gadgets work fine. one might just say to start using a new user account and delete the current account. i consider that a last resort, i have too much stuff on my current account and i would very much just like to fix the problem instead.
    any help is greatly appreciated

Ss Hb

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: windows 7 desktop gadgets will not display properly
      « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 04:41:05 AM »
      This is on the bottom of get more gadgets online page.

(Some gadgets are optimized for Windows Vista and might not provide the same experience if installed on Windows 7. Some gadgets (such as those using High DPI) only work on computers running Windows 7. )

If you are using the gadgets that came with your copy of premium 7 then see if both user accounts are using the same screen resolution.

Try the same desktop picture as in your new user account.

Have the gadgets ever displayed properly before, as you then might be able to use system restore.

Hope this helps.

michelsmith

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner

matt_stan40

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: windows 7 desktop gadgets will not display properly
          « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 07:05:40 PM »
          ended up being a problem with adobe, i just disabled adobe on the start up list and that solved that problem