Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not a valid win32 application error/ error reading from file errors downloading  (Read 3452 times)

gbuck41

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I am trying to download OOTP 11. I keep getting error messages....first it will come up...error reading from file(and than the file name)..than an .exe. is not a valid message error....than a not a valid win32 application error. I am downloading on windows xp, and from a disk. I would appreciate any help given. Thank you!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    This is the program you want. There are both Windows and Mac versions. Make sure you have the right one. Also, try an alternate download site.
    Out of the Park Baseball
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Out of the Park Baseball 11
    Developer(s)    OOTP Developments

Publisher(s)    OOTP Developments
    Platform(s)    Mac OS X, Windows, Linux
    Release date(s)    April 2010
    Genre(s)    Sports ( Baseball), Simulation
    Mode(s)    Single player
    Multiplayer (Hotseat, TCP/IP)
    Media/distribution    Digital Download
    System requirements

Windows: Windows Vista or XP, AMD or Intel Dual Core 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 1024x768 32-bit display, 1 GB HD space
    Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.4.8, PowerPC G5 or Intel Core Duo 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, requires OpenGL support for face generation

Out of the Park Baseball, abbreviated as OOTP, is a text-based baseball simulator for career, historical, and fictional play. OOTP was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn sought to combine realistic replay baseball simulation with career play to satisfy hardcore fans and casual gamers alike. OOTP does not hold a license from nor currently have any affiliation with Major League Baseball.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_Park_Baseball

gbuck41

Topic Starter

Starter

Sorry but I fail to see any help in the message. Great information on the game, etc.  not on how to eliminate problems to download it.  I have the disk ...it just won't download on my computer......on others it does fine.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      You did not say how you did the download. The 'i..s not a Win32..' message comes for a file that is not for windows. So you need to do the download over again. There are at least six download sites listed on the official down load page.
      http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/downloads.php
      There are two mirror sites for Windows.
      BYW: Did you pay for the program? If so, you need to con tact the vendor and have them help you or get your money back. Maybe you want to wait for the next version of the game.

gbuck41

Topic Starter

Starter

I did pay for it.....and it works great on everyone elses computer....of course.  I will try to contact them..Thank you