Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toolbar missing  (Read 2893 times)

Lindsey Brinker

Toolbar missing
« on: August 23, 2005, 04:15:41 PM »
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that I have been having.  I have Windows XP and for some reason my windows toolbar has dissapeared.  I have scanned my computer for viruses and that doesnt seem to be the problem.  I have no clue of what to do.  I have even tried to restart my computer at an earlier date but my computer wont allow me to do that.  Is there anyone that could PLEASE help me?!! thanks!!

Raptor

Re: Toolbar missing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 04:25:59 PM »
What Windows toolbar?

Are you referring to the Taskbar?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 04:26:12 PM by Raptor »

Lindsey Brinker

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:38:40 PM »
I am referring to the toolbar that is at the bottom of the screen on my desktop...it might be the task bar i dont really know! Its the place that has the start button.  

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 04:39:55 PM »
Can you access the Start menu by pressing the Windows button on your keyboard?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 04:40:58 PM by Raptor »

lindsey brinker

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 04:42:14 PM »
no i push that button and nothing will come up.  i have tried to do the system restore and it says that i cant do it on my computer.  

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 04:45:02 PM »
no i push that button and nothing will come up.  i have tried to do the system restore and it says that i cant do it on my computer.  

What virus and spyware scanners have you used?

Make certain the taskbar isn't hidden by moving your mouse down the screen and trying to pull it up.

lindsey brinker

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 04:48:06 PM »
I have made sure that the toolbar isnt hidden.  I have the following virus and spyware:

-Adaware SE Personal
-Tweak Now Regular Cleaner
-Spybot Search and Destroy

I also have Norton 2004 but that never works on my computer.  Everytime taht I go to use that it tells me that I need to uninstall the program and then reinstall it on my computer.  However, my computer never allows me to uninstall it.  

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 05:20:16 PM »
can you see if this helps....right -click with your mouse on the bottom of the screen....and drag the taskbar upwards.....

Mac

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 05:23:44 PM »
Is that particular computer able to get onto the internet? If so then go to Trend Micro's Housecall on-line anti-virus scanner and scan your computer. Put a check-mark in the auto-clean box.

Then download AVG Free Home Edition anti-virus to your hard-drive.

Now boot into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key whilst the computer is starting up, choosing Safe Mode, and try uninstalling Norton 2004 in safe mode.

If it won't uninstall delete the Norton folder.

Physically disconnect from the internet (pull the connection out from the 'phone line) re-boot to the desktop and install AVG. You will be asked to re-boot.

Re-connect to the interrnet as your machine is re-booting and immediately look for updates for the AVG program.

Run a full anti-virus scan of your computer using AVG.

merlin_2