Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with resolving an error (xerces panic error)  (Read 7440 times)

balg

Help with resolving an error (xerces panic error)
« on: August 25, 2005, 06:34:19 AM »
im am using windows xp pro with SP2

the problem i have is associated with the error message xerces panic error (could not load a transcoding service)

at first, i thought it was a software problem as i encountered it first when i was installing peachtree accounting (my system was still service pack 1 at that time). installation seems fine but when it gets to 100% and running final steps, the error appears. i just press ok and then the installation finishes ok.

i then try to run the app but i again get the same error. at this point, i was thinking that it may be a conflict with one of my running processes so i disabled my anti virus.. still nothing

then i disabled my firewall, still nothing
then i restarted the computer in safe mode so that it will only load the essential drivers, i still get the same error

at this time, i was thinking it must be a software problem

then the next day, i tried to run my 3600 printer assistant (hp) and then i also get the same error. this got  me suspicious as i have been able to run this program without any problems before. i began to think that it was a windows problem not software.

so i installed service pack 2 (and ran automatic update and  installed all updates) in the hope of fixing the problem

but after all those things i did, i still get the same error

i dont think its software related but rather something in my windows setting perhaps. i will really appreciate any help..tnx
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 06:35:08 AM by balg »

Raptor

Re: Help with resolving an error (xerces panic err
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 06:48:00 AM »
Have you disabeled certain services in Start -> Run -> services.msc?

balg

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 06:57:22 AM »
like what kind of services (im not very familiar with the services and its functions)?

as i've said, i have been able to run the printer assistant without any problems before.. and its just reccently that it wont run anymore

not really sure what caused it

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 09:15:10 AM »
Under services.msc make certain that the Print spooler is set to automatic and that it is started.