Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird Screen glitching problem  (Read 5537 times)

Wefro_froyas

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Weird Screen glitching problem
    « on: June 18, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
    My screen is randoming glitching the screen flickers randomly, also i'm getting weird screen glitches as shown in the video its completely random i am not sure what causes it. it just started happening and it won't stop

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/unledzti.jpg/

Wefro_froyas

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: Weird Screen glitching problem
      « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:50:45 PM »
      also my graphics card is a nvidia 8800 gt

Could this be a faulty graphics card?
      « Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:03:38 PM by Wefro_froyas »

hedgehog88

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »
        What kind of monitor do you have? CRT or LCD?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »
        What kind of monitor do you have? CRT or LCD?

Look carefully at the image. Anyhow I don't believe it is a monitor problem.

PS shameless touting in your sig for thanks clicks is kind of tacky. You'll get the thanks you deserve for the posts you make that are actually helpful.

I suspect the graphics card but I would first check that its drivers are up to date and also that it is seated properly and its cooling is working.

hedgehog88

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
          PS shameless touting in your sig for thanks clicks is kind of tacky. You'll get the thanks you deserve for the posts you make that are actually helpful.

Oh, I must not have enough dark circles under my eyes, but whats more shameful is how you miss the keyword in my sig "if". You should carefully and actually understand it isn't touting seeing my post/thanked ratio is one sided. And ya, my 1 thanks was actually due to being helpful, which I'm proud of, I know I SOLVED it. I think users in need of help are clever enough to know when to thanks a person for help. I just encourage it. Hilarious how you believe my post actually solved the issue, like wheres the solution?

I have my ways of helping users, you have yours. No disrespect but mine your own business next time. Its an open community and we all want to help people. I wouldn't criticize your post by any means, just add my suggestion.

My screen is randoming glitching the screen flickers randomly, also i'm getting weird screen glitches as shown in the video its completely random i am not sure what causes it. it just started happening and it won't stop.

I also agree with Salmon Trout. To confirm if you have another monitor you can try switching it and see the flickering is still occurring. This will confirm if it is the graphics card or the monitor itself.
          « Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:28:10 AM by hedgehog88 »

Wefro_froyas

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
            Odd this glitch only appears to happen after playing minecraft

even after the game is closed this happens.

I have tried other games such as MW2 and no similar effect has been given.

hedgehog88

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »
              Odd indeed.  Probably isn't any hardware then. Perhaps its the game itself? Have you tried reinstalling the game? Or if it has an repair option try that. Maybe some files within the game got corrupt or some add-on to the game maybe caused those graphic glitches. Not to turn you away but may I suggest googling the issue. Some results I found were regarding glitches and there are definitely solutions to them, but I cannot say it is similar to issue.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              « Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »
              I'm not really sure whether I should help,since I'd hate to take away another well deserved and encouraged "thanks" for hedgehog88, but try Updating Java. (Also, which version of Minecraft (Classic or Beta), if beta, are you using the new launcher or the "advanced OpenGL" options? If you are using beta & the new launcher you could force an update or delete the VERSION file.

To my understanding Modern Warfare 2 uses Direct3d; Minecraft uses OpenGL, so it may be an issue with OpenGL support from your graphics card or driver. You can isolate the problem to minecraft by trying another game that utilizes OpenGL. If you are playing Classic (bleh :P) which is played in-browser, it may even be related to the browser itself.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

hedgehog88

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 08:37:29 AM »
                I'm not really sure whether I should help,since I'd hate to take away another well deserved and encouraged "thanks" for hedgehog88, but try Updating Java.

Haha, thanks for the gesture BC_Programmer :) but I don't mind really as this is an open community forum and all replies should help in some way. Plus in the end aren't we all here to get help and help people.

If my sig is really that controversial, I'll remove it then.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:02:20 AM »
                We'll leave it up to you...
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hedgehog88

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
                  I decided to remove it. :)

Wefro_froyas

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »
                    WEll I just trie dit again and my graphics card reached a whopping 180 Degrees Farenheit.

heres the thing I never get these screen artifacts in game always if the game is minimized or if i close the game and directly after that.